I've just felt really inspired lately. I cruised through a color overhaul which fixed the totally borked handling of color formatting I had in there before. I also added a NamedWindow class to the tkui which is kind of neat. If that wasn't enough, I added bell handling and fixed up some stuff to make telnet control code issues easier to discover.
I've got a lot of changes. I think I'm going to release a 3.0.1 really soon.
At some point, I hope I feel motivated to do the distutils stuff. I haven't even researched it enough to figure out if we want to be doing distutils stuff or what code changes it would entail.