Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- lots of flux in git-master, but the code is stabilizing
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- probably a release in May or June--we're working hard on it!
- Spent most of the time on BD. Long drama, but it should be fine now. I spent most of the time addressing privacy issues, but also did some restructuring as well.
- Worked on upsizing issues with conversions. Pretty sure I have it fixed, but since the changes are pervasive, I want to do more testing. I didn't have to do anything crazy like I had feared last week, so that's good.
- spent some time fixing Miro Guide issues, mostly django errors
- worked on P1 bugs, mostly ui stuff
- continued working on P1 bugs
- added support for hex-encoded magnet URIs
- working on P1 bugs, particularly ui bugs
- working on P1 bugs
- finished up keyboard shortcut issues--should be pretty solid now
- spent a bunch of time with sikuli tests and Miro
- worked on testing Universal Subtitles
- working on testing things and writing new tests so we continue to increase the regression tests
Order of business:
- Talked about where we're at with Miro 4.0. Lot of newly created bugs over the last week, but we're pretty much done with new features. Seems like we're just working on bugs now. Getting close to a point where we could do a release candidate.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are probably unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made. If you're interested in testing, but don't want to test bleeding edge, then it's worth waiting until we hit the release candidate portion of the dev cycle. We're currently thinking that'll be in a couple of weeks.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work to development, testing, and translations, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects like Miro Community and Universal Subtitles. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 80 bugs/feature-requests created
- 3 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 3 bugs marked INVALID
- 2 bugs marked ---
- 12 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 2 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 54 bugs marked FIXED
- 2 bugs marked INCOMPLETE