I tagged and built Miro 2.0 rc3 builds and placed them in the sticky section of the nightlies page.
Pre-release release notes are at https://develop.participatoryculture.org/trac/democracy/wiki/2.0ReleaseNotes.
Changes since rc2:
- updated translations as of today
- bug 11329: decimal value for movie duration is never correct in channel view
- bug 11327: os x crash, windows error - when selecting item (non-ascii) to share
- bug 11149: New OSX DMG Background to replace current one
- bug 11296: 'show more' jumps back to top of list on 'Single Items' and 'New'
- bug 11322: File "miro\feedupdate.pyc", line 67, in update_finished KeyError: 26
- bug 11262: python 2.6 support (preliminary and untested)
- bug 11317: os x - crash after added torrent feed then selecting channel tab.
- bug 11354: "Global name 'time' is not defined" death on laptop
- bug 11348: os -x - automatic update failure
- bug 11357: list view for new tab broken
- bug 11027: Changing default guide on windows: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'url'
- bug 11321: ValueError: I/O operation on closed file
- bug 6179: Wrong Language (only some work done on this one)
- bug 11360: os x r9142 - update notification is show release notes text.
- bug 11362: Dissmising detached external playback dialog freezes Miro
- OSX crashers and memory leaks
- probably some other things I’m missing
The new Miro Guide will be launching very soon now. When that's released, the second browser bar you see in Miro will go away.
I've synced translations, so rc3 has the latest translations. I will sync them one more time before we do a release. If you’re a translator, we sure could use your help! See more at https://translations.launchpad.net/democracy.
We think this release candidate is release-worthy. Assuming testers don't hit any snags, there shouldn't be any changes between now and the final Miro 2.0 release. We're planning to follow Miro 2.0 with a 2.0.1 release in the near future to get the most updated translations and to fix minor issues that pop up.
To Ubuntu Hardy and Intrepid users: Some day I’ll get to learning how PPA works. When that happens, we’ll start building release candidate builds for the Ubuntu versions we support. Until then, you’ll have to download the tarball and build it yourself. If someone can spare some time to help us with this, I’d be much obliged.
Barring snags with this release candidate, we're looking at a full on Miro 2.0 release some time in the next few days. Getting really super close now!