This week I spent time on:
- gutsy-related issues
- gutsy packaging issues
- dbus-python deprecation warning (6226)
- sun-java*-plugin problems with Miro and gtkmozembed (8444)
- problems with mismatched gtkmozembed between compiling and linking
- tagging and releasing rc1 and rc2
- triaging all bugs assigned to me
- the person was really psyched about Miro, uses it frequently/all-the-time and had some questions about future development
- the person thought Miro was neat, but either hadn't used it or thought it was still called Democracy Player
- the person was wholly uninterested in Miro and didn't really see the point of having another media player in the space alongside players like FireAnt and Joost
The second group was interesting and most people in this group asked the important questions. I think connecting with this group was the most important thing I did over the weekend.
The third group wasn't really all that exciting to talk to. Their priorities don't match ours and I suspect most of them just feel hassled by the fact that there's another media player to think about.
I also spent time listening to what terms people used for "video media feeds". I heard "vidcast", "video cast", and "video podcast" most often, I think. Just some more data in the "what the hell should we call this thing"? bucket.
After 0.9.9.9-rc2 and 0.9.9.9 final, I'm going to be spending all my time on mediabar and the Firefox extension. If I don't do that, I'm not going to meet the deadlines.