I did a bunch of release-management stuff, some minor bug triage work and some minor Gutsy work.
I passed a bunch of email back and forth with BDK and James regarding problems between Miro and the sun-java*-plugin packages on Gutsy and Feisty (bug 8444 and now bug 9064). BDK looked into it further but in the end either the test we're using to determine whether the problem exists or not is bogus or we didn't fix the issue. Regardless, after much discussion it was decided that the package conflicts were worse than the problem so we removed the conflicts for 1.0 final.
I got in touch with Dean's friend Ben (not to be confused with BDK or my brother Ben), and he and I are going to go through our Gutsy and Feisty packaging and fix any outstanding issues (like bug 8716). I think this is pretty cool and hope that this is the first of many Boston-area Miro hack-fests.
I also worked on Mediabar. I've been doing a pass at cleaning up namespace issues and code cleanup. After I'm done with that, I'll work on the tab rearchitecture and the rss discovery problems. Neil and I traded some email and he's eager to work on things again. I'm currently the bottleneck on further Mediabar progress--I'll be spending the rest of the week fixing that. I want to get back to working on the Firefox patch, too and get that done ASAP.
On a side note, I was selected for the Nokia n810 device program. I want to look into porting Miro over to the device and do some other development, too. It'll be a good system for figuring out how Miro could work on "smaller devices" and what a slimmed down version of Miro can do. I also want to look into what it would take to get Miro working with Conduit so that Linux users can move video content to their n810 and other portable video playing devices.
As a side note, I live in Somerville, MA. If anyone (users, testers, developers, ...) is interested in getting together to triage bugs, working out issues, fix problems, add features, ... let me know. I'm totally game for hack-fests and getting together.