Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- upgraded libtorrent 0.15.5
- will work on gstreamer switch next
- continuing to work on performance fixes--wrote a bunch of unit tests and now it's a matter of integrating it into the widget frontend
- looking into Bonjour on Windows. Apple ships a big metapackage (printing services) that includes the core libraries. Pidgin open source project advises you to install the library.
- looking at ways to detect whether the user has installed the printing services.
- started looking into transcoding and working through the technical issues.
- going to start wrapping things up in the daap branch and get ready to merge it into master.
- fixed a bunch of item-overhaul related bugs.
- added amazon store support
- sent out a hitlist of bugs that should get fixed to make testing easier
- sikuli is the awesome!
- sprint on MC 1.2 stuff
- sprint on Duke bug fixing
- planning to focus on performance issues
- worked on the view menu which is basically working
- Should we switch Miro on Windows to use gstreamer? Worth trying out and if it gets too hard, we can defer it.
- Should we switch Miro on Windows to use webkit? Worth trying out and if it gets too hard, we can defer it.
- Talked about short-term solutions for keeping us all on the same page. Worth doing a check-in/check-out on IRC using a tag.
- Talked about moving our git repositories elsewhere. Benefits are that we don't have to host it and deal with hosting work. Asheesh is going to look into this.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- PCF is looking to hire another Miro developer and a System Administrator. See the jobs page for more details.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 35 bugs/feature-requests created
- 5 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 2 bugs marked INVALID
- 5 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 2 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 19 bugs marked FIXED
- 1 bugs marked INCOMPLETE