Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- lots of flux in git-master, but the code is starting to stabilize
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- writing up lots of bugs as she builds new Sikuli test cases
- waiting on Sikuli release
- fixed the torrent directory bug
- working on reworking fastresume--going carefully to make sure i'm not creating new problems
- Windows build box keeps hanging at night which blows, but I'm going to keep kicking this can down the road as much as possible
- haven't spent much time on Windows recently, but will spend more time on it soon
- working on implementing ui overhaul tickets
- worked on transcoding for streaming between Miro and other systems
- worked on DAAP code
- reworked scrolling for views to fix a bunch of problems
- working on saving display state between Miro runs
- worked on shuffle/repeat work and making it save per display between Miro runs
- working on support for magnet uris
- worked on infolist fixes
- noticed some things in the interface is still slow and is going to look at them in the near-term
Order of business:
- Talked a little bit about the strings and code freezes.
- Talked about the downloading tab sorting and how downloads flick around. Janet's going to write up a bug for it.
- Migrating fastresumedata. Will will test to see if a 3.5.1 to 4.0 upgrade with ditching fast resume data is ok, but otherwise plans to dump the fastresume data.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- PCF is looking to hire a System Administrator. See the jobs page for more details.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 63 bugs/feature-requests created
- 8 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 1 bugs marked INVALID
- 3 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 1 bugs marked WONTFIX
- 46 bugs marked FIXED
- 8 bugs marked INCOMPLETE