Page 1 of 2 >> (less recent)
I updated my blog to use PyBlosxom from git master HEAD as well as updates to plugins that are now part of the PyBlosxom core. There have been a bunch of bugfixes, so my blog works a lot better now. I also abandoned a bunch of home-made plugins for their suped-up equivalents in PyBlosxom core.
I wrote a script that grabs my identi.ca dents and generates local entries for them. I figured most people probably don't follow me on identi.ca (which is a shame), so I'll bring it here.
Then I spent about 30 minutes tweaking the CSS to make the blog look a little better. It's not super, but it's good enough for now.
I was talking with Josh the other day and he told me that I should take the time to learn Subversion and switch over rather than investing more time to tame my projects with CVS and CVSTrac. So I spent a good portion of today moving my PyBlosxom plugins (the ones that I wrote and/or maintain on my own) to a Subversion repository and Trac.
There are a couple of things that will take getting used to, but overall I've been able to replicate everything I did with CVS in Subversion.
I'm still making modifications to the setup, but I'll be hosting all my PyBlosxom plugins work at http://www.bluesock.org/~willg/cgi-bin/pybltrac.cgi/. I've allowed anonymous ticket creation for feature requests, bug reports, and the like. If you're sitting on issues, patches, and things of that nature, feel free to submit them.
Prior to today, I was maintaining all my PyBlosxom plugins by hand... which was kind of stupid, but I hadn't really gotten around to investigating better solutions.
However, that day has come! I've pulled them all into a CVS repository and set up CVSTrac to manage documentation, bugs, features, and allow people to see version history for all of them. I'm in the process of going through all the plugins, adding CVS tags, updating copyright dates, fixing documentation, adding notes in regards to where the plugin is maintained and all that.
I aim to make the end result more organized for me and users looking for plugins and also require less effort to maintain.
In lieu of other solutions, I'm going to start releasing contributed plugins plugin packs. This one should work with PyBlosxom 1.1.
If you find problems with contributed plugins, visit this page on how to contact us. "Problems" could be bugs, feature-requests, or setup issues.
If this works out, then I'll continue releasing contributed plugin packs that match up to PyBlosxom.
Find the contributed plugin pack here (contrib.1.1.tar.gz).
02/23/2005: Changed the url. Decided to do an actual "release" and store it on the PyBlosxom site.
Brett discovered some issues with booklist as it interacts with comments. So this fixes those issues.
You should note that if you're using booklist and comments, you should have at least 2 books in your list. Otherwise comments sees it as a single entry, decides to show comments for it, and then stomps on the property in the entry that dictates which template to use. That's a bug in comments that needs to get fixed.
Fixed encoding issues and some other things. Thanks Aslak!
Fixed a bug where categories with four letter names were getting picked up even if the name wasn't all digits. Thanks Ludvig Omholt!
Pick up the new plugin here: my pyblosxom plugins.
I got a comment from David Ascher on this entry which pointed out some issues with the wbgamazon plugin. After a few minutes, I fixed the problems listed and released a new version.
I've blogged for so many months now that the Archives listing on the side was getting pretty long. I don't really want a long list of months and years there, so I was looking for options.
Ned Batchelder lists his archives by year. For each year, there's a summary page by month which lists the dates and titles of all blog entries for that month. I really liked this idea, so I wrote my own archives plugin to use it. It's not exactly the same--the output is slightly different. It's good enough for me, though.
Turns out it was creating garbled yucky stuff that hosed my RSS 0.91 feed. I fixed it so that if it thinks it's outputting to an RSS feed, it just returns rather than doing the transformation.
I should look into making this a postformatter--that would be better.
Page 1 of 2 >> (less recent)
Copyright 1996 to 2013, Will Guaraldi Kahn-Greene, under the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license
Will's Blog by William Kahn-Greene is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.