Miro 4.0 status (roadmap)
- lots of flux in git-master, but the code is starting to stabilize
- working on metadata support, device syncing, performance enhancements, extensions, streaming to other devices (ipad, ...), ...
- working on project infrastructure: wiki, nightlies, nightly runs of unit tests, ...
- one week until code freeze
- spent the last couple of days testing device syncing support
- having internet connectivity problems, a macbook with a broken backlight, and a dead laptop
- tested subtitle support
- worked on litmus tests for devices
- merged transcoding branch
- continued working on P1 bugs
- worked on P1 bugs, performance issues, and bunch of other things
- worked on magnet uri support---has it working from the Download Item menu
- worked on the new edit item menu
- added import progress meter
- worked on ui overhaul bugs and device syncing bugs
- subtitles have a lot of problems, so I'm working on those
- spent a little time working with Miro on Windows
- continuing to work on bugs
Order of business:
- How do we extend our device support? We talked about adding a "report this device" button. Talked about putting together a form backed by a Google app to collect information from users.
- git master is in pretty heavy flux right now and because of that nightlies are pretty unstable--use them at your own risk. This will sort itself over time when there are fewer massive changes being made.
- Miro is developed by a community of people including you! If you can't contribute your time and work, please consider contributing funding by donating. Your money goes directly to ongoing development of Miro and related projects. See http://pculture.org/about/ for more details on these projects.
- Did you know there's a Miro User Manual? If you haven't looked at it yet, it's worth taking a look at. You can find it at http://manual.getmiro.com/.
Bugzilla stats for Miro for the last week:
- 74 bugs/feature-requests created
- 6 bugs marked WORKSFORME
- 6 bugs marked INVALID
- 4 bugs marked DUPLICATE
- 65 bugs marked FIXED
- 2 bugs marked INCOMPLETE