A couple of days ago, I did a dist-upgrade on my server which runs Debian. I'm not sure what version I had prior to the upgrade, but after the upgrade I'm at 1.6.2. The problem is that the wiki syntax is different, so my wiki data was mildly hosed. I ended up spending 45 minutes to an hour trying to figure out how to migrate the data.
The magic script is
You need to run it like this:
The other problem I had is that I had no
meta file in my data directory and
moin.py script would die with a stack trace like this:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "./moin.py", line 24, in ? run() File "./moin.py", line 15, in run MoinScript().run(showtime=0) File "./../../MoinMoin/script/__init__.py", line 138, in run self.mainloop() File "./../../MoinMoin/script/__init__.py", line 251, in mainloop plugin_class(args[2:], self.options).run() # all starts again there File "./../../MoinMoin/script/__init__.py", line 138, in run self.mainloop() File "./../../MoinMoin/script/migration/data.py", line 44, in mainloop curr_rev = meta['data_format_revision'] File "./../../MoinMoin/wikiutil.py", line 472, in __getitem__ return dict.__getitem__(self, key) KeyError: 'data_format_revision'
I assumed that I had some version of 1.5 previously and so I created a
meta file with this in it:
After doing that, the
moin.py script worked nicely and all my wiki data is
in the correct syntax now.
4/26/2008 - Fixed some words to make the
meta file creation step clearer.